How to send an SMS?
Even though it might sound like a complicated process, creating an SMS is actually quite simple. You just need to follow these easy steps.
- Select ‘Create Campaign’ from the left hand side of the navigation bar
- Select SMS and ‘Next’ to continue
- If you had a previously saved campaign you could select it here
- If this is your first campaign, enter your campaign title and sub title, this will appear on your report
- The body of your text message can contain up to 10 SMS. Keep an eye on the character and SMS total count at the base here, each message contains approximately 160 characters. If you go over, you will be charged 2 credits and so forth.
- If you want to include a link into your campaign, make it short and trackable by using Smart Links (these tracked link will appear in your report). The formular for this is a short and intuitive name then follow up with your actual URL. You can insert up to two in each message.
- Select insert field to add Names, Personal Details or a Special Field
- Here is where you would insert a landing page, you can find out more about this within our Landing Page tutorial
- Here is where you will include an ‘opt-out’ survey, this will ask your customers the reason for opting out, the questions are totally customisable
- Replies to your message will appear in your campaign report, you can also have them sent to you as they arrive via email – This is a great way to update your sales people with leads in real-time.
- Send your self and colleagues a test message for review, remember the links within the message will be disabled whilst in ‘test mode’
- Saving your campaign for future use is easy, click the radio button and name accordingly
- You are ready to proceed – click next
- Here is where you will add your client
- Select from various methods – send to ‘all’ – Send to filtered contact – select from list – copy and paste all client details in or copy and paste just numbers in
- Check and confirm your selection then click ‘next’
- If you have selected include ‘opt out survey’ during the create campaign step, you will have the ability to confirm or customise the survey fields
- You have reached the final ‘Confirmation & Send’ page – review and edit the email address which your campaign report will be sent to, then confirm additional campaign details carefully.
Are you ready? Click next and your campaign will go live within seconds – Well done!
Here’s a quick guide on how to do it if you need.